1882 – William Thurston founds The Thurston Home for Children in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania.
1886 – The orphanage is incorporated as The Children’s Home of South Bethlehem.
1895 – Captain James Wiley donates enough money to build a new, larger home on Broadway in Bethlehem, (PA). The new home is dedicated The Annie Wiley Children’s Home in honor of the captain’s late wife.
1926 – The name is changed to The Children’s Home of Bethlehem and Allentown.
1930 – The organization shifts focus from orphanage to foster care services, to deal with growing numbers of children in need during the Great Depression.
1943 – The Children’s Home of Bethlehem and Allentown becomes known as Wiley House.
1948 – The Wiley House Ladies’ Auxiliary is formed.
1958 – Inspired by a children’s rights conference in Washington, DC, Wiley House moves to hire a case worker and revise intake policies, laying the foundation for today’s treatment programs.
1961 – Children’s mental health services become the primary focus of Wiley House services.
1974 – The 79-year-old Wiley House structure is demolished, clearing the way for the new Child Development Center and several residential “cottages.”