KidsPeace Baltimore Foster Care 5K Trick or Trot to be Hosted by Angela and Buck Showalter
October 29, 2011
Anticipation is building as KidsPeace Foster Care in Baltimore fine-tunes plans for the Second Annual 5K Run/Walk on Saturday, October 29, 2011 through the neighborhood of Canton and Patterson Park. Click here to register online. The hosts of this fundraiser are Angela and Buck Showalter. They are enthusiastic supporters of KidsPeace foster care efforts to successfully place foster children and teens with carefully matched families.
The aptly named “Trick or Trot” race promises to be a wonderful family (and that includes pets) event with features that include:
• The first 400 registered runners will receive an Under Armour race t-shirt.
• Fantastic gift certificates for top runners and age group winners.
• Food and Halloween fun following the run/walk in O'Donnell Square with the Oriole Bird and the Chick-fil-A cow.
• Everyone is encouraged to dress for Halloween, and prizes will be given for best individual, family and pet costumes.
• Register as a team and raise funds for foster care youth; the top 3 teams that raise the most money win awesome team prizes like tickets to a 2012 Orioles game, a Wine Tasting for 20 or a large bar tab to a great Baltimore watering hole!
• Be a “Snooze Button Runner”; if you are not able to attend, "run" from the convenience of your bedroom.
• Attend a pre-race party on the Square Friday, October 28, where you can pick up your race packet, have a Natty Boh, listen to some great local music and enjoy the restaurants and shops on the Square.
• Every registrant will be entered into a drawing for prizes, with winners being selected at the awards ceremony after the race(must be present to win).
• There will be Trick or Treating and face painting for the kids courtesy of O’Donnell Square businesses
• Parking will be on streets surrounding DuBurns Arena and O'Donnell Square
Company and individual sponsors and volunteers will be very welcome. Please spread the word at work and home that every contribution and effort will directly benefit KidsPeace Foster Care and Community Programs of Maryland and help raise awareness and funds for youth in foster care in Maryland.
According to Program Director Diane Sancilio, last year’s event was a huge success, raising more than $25,000 in cash and from in-kind donations and sponsorships from businesses in the O’Donnell Square area. “Business owners arrived at the finish lines with their families to provide crafts for the children, food, beverages and even electricity for the speaker system from one enthusiastic restaurant. All of the merchants and volunteers truly embraced the race/walk and the foster children KidsPeace serves.”
For more information, to volunteer or to become a sponsor, please contact Gina Seyfried (410) 964-9329 or email@example.com.